What I love about the MET Gala Benefit is that you can see the hottest celebrities, designers and personalities showing what they do best: looking as expensive, beautiful, and pretentious as they can look, and this year, because of the Punk theme of the event, it showed three times more ¡BUT BOLD AND RISKY!
Some of them went dressed up in a very Oscar-ish mood, others like they didn't just care, and the majority injected into their looks a punk feel. (Some of ´em looked totally out of place and you can tell they tried too damn hard) but people like Anja Rubik made it justice, and no, just because she's a model doesn't mean everything should look good on her, she just knows EXACTLY how to steal the show, AND SHE DID.
CLICK, CLICK, CLICK TO SEE MY TOP 5 BEST DRESSED.........
5) Amanda Seyfried: I know this could be a risky choice, but I'm a sucker for fabric prints and this dress is a representation of that. If you can see closer it's the texture of an old butterfly wings, but it can also be some sort of an exotic print from an unknown animal or something. What I don't like that much is the color of it, it's got some cream/brown going on that makes Amanda look...old? I'm loving the long sleeves and the way she wore it. When you think about the MET, not matter what theme it is, you think glam, and Amanda served it. Love the hair, the accessories, and the make up, so natural yet so strong in the eyeline. This is a Givenchy dress and shoes, and she's wearing Fred Leighton jewelry.
4) Rooney Mara: Zippers!!! I don't have words to express how much I adored this dress on Rooney. It's not a secret she doesn't wear clothes if they are not white or black or both! and It was safe to say that she was showing up wearing something like that. I love the hair and the make up because it comes naturally on her, specially the dark lips, even when other celebs chose dark smoky eyes, she ended up wearing dark lipstick. Now I want to talk about the BEAUTIFUL details of the dress, it's a custom white hand-embroidered tulle with gold zippers. If you ask me what's the punk touch in this look I wouldn't say the make up, the hair or her mood, I would say the zippers. In my book zippers are the perfect representation of punk rock! The dress and the shoes are Givenchy, by Riccardo Tisci.
3) Karolina Kurkova: She's thin, she's tall, she's a supermodel, she's fierce. I love how she was one of the the very few people who dare to wear something that short, a party dress infested with the most luxurious prints (including diamonds, golden jewls and stuff) and of course a little touch of nowadays trends: black and white stripes! The make up and hair are absolutely perfect and totally driven in the punk theme. Take a look at her fingertip rings! Adorable! This dress is by Mary Katrantzou.
2) Nina Dobrev: Even tho' her hair was "trying to hard to look punk" and her eye make up was already a cliché, I couldn't help but notice the DRESS! It's a beautiful Monique Lhuillier with black Chantilly lace molded bustier and a mixed jumpsuit. I just love the black leather detail and how it's a jumpsuit-pant with a dress over it. It's punk yet wearable and classy.
1) Anja Rubik: And this red-blooded woman is the winner! EVERYTHING about this look is PERFECT if the concept is PUNK. The classic red leather jacket modified with golden rings in the bottom and a very DRAMATIC collar!!!! The hair, the matching pointed shoes, the accessories, the red lips! This look stole my heart from the very beggining and since she's just a model I'm pretty sure she's not even gonna appear in any best dressed lists or whatever, but since she's in mine, AT NUMBER ONE, I'll be ok. You did it Anja, this is how you interpret punk without being tacky or looking like a halloween character. The outfit is by Anthony Vaccarello.
DON'T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON TWITTER or FACEBOOK if you liked it :) Thanks. XO Andy.